Competition Terms and Conditions
1. The Promoter is Destination West Coast Inc. (ABN 24 703 234 178)
2. This website is owned and operated by West Coast Council (“Council”) ABN 20 448 787 926.
3. Information on how to enter and the prize/s forms part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these conditions of entry.
4. The competition commences on 1 July 2020 at midday (EST) and concludes on 14 September 2020 at midday (EST).
5. Entry to the competition is only available online and by filling in the online form at https://westcoasttas.com.au/roadtrip/win
6. There are 2 prizes to be won, each consisting of a series of prizes from tourism operators across the West Coast region.
7. All prizes must be taken as offered and no exchange is available. Prizes are not redeemable for cash and are not transferable to any other person.
8. The prize draw will occur at 12.00pm (EST) at 1 Driffield Street, Queenstown Tasmania on 15 September 2020. The winning entries will be drawn randomly.
9. Entries will be deemed to be accepted once written confirmation of acceptance has been received from the winner. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries.
10. The winner will be asked to provide a contact address in order for all prize vouchers to be mailed directly. The winner’s address will not be used for any other purpose.
11. If the winner has not accepted their prize either by email or mail prior to 4.00pm on 22 September 2020, the Promoter reserves the right to award the prize to another entrant by random draw.
12. The winner is responsible for providing the correct contact details at time of entry. No responsibility will be taken by the Promoter for incorrect contact details resulting in forfeiture of the prize.
13. The winner’s name will be published on the Promoter’s Facebook page.
14. The judge’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
15. If the prize is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, and in consultation with the winner, reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize to the equal value and/or specification.
16. No responsibility will be held for loss or damage to goods.
17. The Promoter takes no responsibility for the condition of experiences supplied by various businesses as prizes for the competition.
18. The Promoter’s decision in relation to any aspects of the competition is final and binding on every person who enters and no correspondence will be entered into.
19. The Promotor releases Facebook from any liability in relation to this competition. This promotion is not sponsored, endorsed or administered by Facebook.
20. The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law. The Promoter will not be responsible for any incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information communicated in the course of or in connection with this promotion if the deficiency is occasioned by any cause outside the reasonable control of the Promoter including without limitation technical malfunctions or failures.
21. The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
22. For the purposes of this competition, Council has partnered with the Promoter to provide a web presence in order to host this competition.
23. The Promoter releases Council from any liabilities in relation to the running and management of this competition with the exception of Council’s responsibilities to manage personal information provided by you to enter this competition.
24. Employees and members of the Promoter and Council and their immediate families are ineligible to enter this competition.
25. If for any reason this promotion is not capable of running as planned, due to any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which affect the administration security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process.
26. In the case of the intervention of any outside agent or event which naturally changes the result or prevents or hinders it's determination, including but not limited to vandalism, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, pandemic, strikes; the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the event and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to State Regulation.
Competition Personal Information Policy
1. All entries become the shared property of the Promoter and West Coast Council. Personal information collected about you is used to enable you to participate in this promotion.
2. Council and the Promoter will take the necessary steps to ensure that any personal information provided by entrants in this competition remains confidential and is only used for the purposes of this competition. Neither parties will sell or trade your personal information to others.
3. In the event that you receive a prize, the Promoter may disclose your personal information to other companies associated with this promotion for the purposes of making a reservation or contacting you in relation to a reservation.
4. If you do not provide your personal information, the Promoter will not be able to enter you into this promotion.
5. Your personal information shall not be made available to any other party except as outlined above.
6. Participants that opt in to receive future communication are subject to the Promoter’s personal information policy as well as that of the West Coast Council.
DWC Personal Information Policy
Destination West Coast (“DWC”) values the privacy of an individual's personal information.
Information provided by you is utilised for the purposes of sharing information, services, promotions and experiences related to the west coast region of Tasmania via electronic newsletters. DWC uses CampaignMonitor to provide electronic newsletters to subscribers. In doing so, CampaignMonitor maintains the personal information provided by you, including the email address you have provided to DWC for the purpose of receiving electronic newsletters.
CampaignMonitor also uses a variety of digital methods to collect additional, de-identified information about:
· when and whether you access DWC’s electronic newsletters
· your browser type and version
· your operating system and other similar information.
You can unsubscribe from DWC’s electronic newsletters at any time by selecting the "unsubscribe" option in every email sent to you by CampaignMonitor.
If you have any questions or concerns relating to the use of your personal data please contact email@example.com.